- Published on 24 February 2013
- Written by Editor
- Hits: 2357
Personalized Learning is the tailoring of pedagogy, curriculum and learning environments to meet the needs and aspirations of individual learners. Typically technology is used to facilitate personalized learning environments.
Personalized Learning is:
- Adjusting the pace of instruction so that instruction is more individualized.
- Adjusting the learning approach so that instruction is differentiated.
- Leveraging student interests and experiences so that learning is more... personalized.
Points related to personalized learning:
- The traditional teaching model treats all learners the same despite unique needs and strengths.
- We need a new educational model that takes classroom learning beyond a one-size fits-all mentality.
- Personalized Learning is not about technology, but technology helps.