Bien Venue! 환영 (hwan-yeong)!
добропожаловать (dobro pozhalovat')! Boas-vindas!
We are the gifted beings on the earth bestowed with 6 senses that segregates us from rest of the lives in the universe. The biggest boon we are blessed with is to own a way through which we express ourselves- “Languages”. One of the great philosophers quoted,
“Language is the road map of a culture; it tells you where its people come from and where they are going”
In this competitive world, you have to replicate your knowledge to grab your place.So why confine yourself being a “monolingual”. Explore more and widen your language horizon by learning more languages.
Language and your brain functioning:
A single color doesn’t make a spectacular picture; Rather, Multicolor makes it magnificent!
Now applying the same analogy, expertise in many languages boosts your brain functioning!
Some of the researches conducted by famous universities reveal astounding information about multilingualism.
- People who can speak more than one language are good at “multitasking”. They can easily switch between two different structures.
- They are better in taking decisions and being assertive about their actions.
- They have good critical thinking ability and are more perceptive.
- Learning a language involves memorizing rules and vocabulary that sharpens the mental “muscle.” This exercise improves overall memory. Multiple language speakers are better at remembering lists or sequences like retaining shopping lists, names, and directions.
- Their IQ is higher than the monolinguals.
- Neuroscience reveals that they are nimble, can resolve conflicts easily, and can decide over ambiguities easily.
- People who have knowledge of many languages are rarely affected by Alzemirs disease and Aphasia (Aphasia is a disorder caused by damage to the parts of the brain that control language. It can make it hard for you to read, write, and express yourself.)
Learning many languages shall strengthen the cognitive processes in your mind. Cognitive process means the mental process of knowing, including aspects such as awareness, perception, reasoning, and judgment.
Ziad Youssef Fazah is aLiberian-bornLebanesepolyglot (Polyglots-people who are savvy in learning new languages and can easily grab it). The Guinness Book of World Records up to the 1998 edition listed Fazah as being able to speak and read 58 languages.
Incredible, isn’t it?
Language learning and internet:
Internet has become the integral part of everyone’s’ life. Why not use the World Wide Web to know more about the world wide languages? One such successful initiative of creating an online learning platform is introduced by LingQ. It was founded by Steve Kaufmann and his son Mark.
LingQ links you to the world of language learning capabilities. It assists you with authentic content and an online community of learners and native speakers, to enhance a real time learning ambience. It is situated in Vancouver, Canada.
With LingQ ‘s unique anytime anywhere tutoring approach you can augment your language knowledge day by day with rich corpora of vocabulary and sentence structures at your ease!
Courses are offered from beginner-intermediate-advanced levels for all age groups which suits different intent of language learning.
- Efficiency in many languages enables “ multitasking” , LingQ offers you a platform to multitask while learning the language itself. You can learn more than one language at a time.
- LingQ offers course material in around dozens of languages like English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian, Chinese, Portuguese, Swedish, Korean and Japanese.
- Real time interaction with tutor over the Skype, enabling practical conversation sessions and doubt clearing classes, rather than rot learning of language rules.
- Facilities for the group discussion with fellow mates and one to one discussion with the tutor over the video chat
- Writing practises are offered where the tutor scrutinizes them for mistakes and for giving suggestions
- Blogs, forums available to widen the knowledge and stay updated.
Why lean a new language when you already know one?
It is equivalent to asking,
Why train a child to walk when it is already able to crawl?
It has lot of advantages,
- Lucrative job openings for multilinguals
- To build good public relation
- To ease the travel, tourism on the grounds of communication
- To showcase an attractive curriculum- vitae
- To understand and appreciate ones’ own language!
- To explore the world through its native tongue!
“The contemporary vasco da gama! “
So enhance your gray matter with more languages in your brain.
It is said that, learning a language at an early age will be a cakewalk than to sweat hard in the old age... So it is not too late... Start now…
Let’s have small test to check whether you are fit to learn a new language...
Aoccdrnig to a rsereearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in
waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht
the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total
mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae of the etoxirdanry fntuocin of huamn mnid. Amzanig huh?
Were you able 2 read it???
Great !!! Now login to LingQ and start your sessions !
Good Luck !
For more latest updates, You can join us on Google+, Twitter, Linkedin