Have you ever thought of using iPads in your classroom? iPads as we all know, is among the best tools that can be used to teach students effectively. Here's a list of a lot of apps for the effective use of iPad in the classroom.
- Helpful in making differentiation
- Make student independent
- Enhance engagement
- Easy to teach content to the small or large group
- Helps students in practicing content
Different apps available over the iPad helps teachers to organize classroom by dividing students into groups, based on certain set of skills. Hence teachers can easily organize students.
Options available for displaying iPads in the classroom:
- Apple TV
- ShowMe - One of the free apps that allow for students to verbalize about a concept.
- PhotoComic - Creating comic strips from our own photos.
- Skitch - Amazing! Draw and create on pictures, web pages, screen shots!
- Scribble Press - Write a digital book complete with print and pictures.
- Gabit - Design your own talking character complete with animation.
- StoryBuddy - Create a picture book.
- Toontastic - Create cartoons.
- VoiceThread - In tool box, but haven't used.
- Explain Everything - The best tool for students AND teachers to explain concepts. So many features that all can not be listed.
- TellaGami - Create quick animated messages.
How can teachers do assessment using the iPad?
It offers a platform by which teachers can easily engage students and assess their work and give them feedback.
Key Points About Infuse Learning
- When you sign-up, you get a room number.
- It is completely free of cost.
- It is simple to use yet effective.
- Students across the globe can participate at any point of time.
- Both people must have chirp open in their iPad and as a teacher, you can chirp to your students.
- It is a great app for elementary kids because you can send links (resource) to your students.
- It can be used in both iPad and iPod.
QR Codes is another tool that is helpful for teachers of all grades. Zapper scanner is one kind of QR code; with Zapper scanner you have:
- Books Reviews
- Informational Sheets
- School Tours
- Welcome Board
- Check Answers
- Math Jenga
How to create QR codes using goo.gl?
- Copy the URL for the site you want to make QR code for
- Paste it into goo.gl
- Click on "details"
- Right Click the QR code and "copy image"
- Paste on to a Google Drawing
Audioboo is a tool used to record, upload and share audio. Here you can use the same hashtag. How audioboo can help in classroom.
- Give Voice to Students
- Enrich, engage and extend learning
- Create community and conversation for development
Educreations is an app that can also be used for the increasing classroom experience.
- You can get more colors, eraser, ruler and other geometric instruments here.
- This app is totally free.
- You can share amazing videos and lessons using iPad or browser.
Google chrome is also an education app that can be used by the students.
- You can see what tabs are open on other devices.
- You can see bookmarks.
- Google doc can be used to save the documents.
Book creator for iPad is the easiest way to make beautiful iBooks for free. However, making more than one iBook need as in-app purchase, therefore, full version is recommended.
iBooks is one of the most popular app used in classroom. Let’s learn how to use it:
- First download it from app store.
- Now download a book from iBooks.
- Wait for the book to appear in your library.
- Now click the cover of your purchased book.
- Now click on the cover of your new purchased book.
- Now click the word and get more options.
- Click on the word to find out more definition.
- You can slide your figure over the screen.
Class Dojo is a classroom tool to improve the classroom management more quickly. This app is helpful in integrating behavior courses and teachers can share such reports with parent.
Showbie is yet another tool for teachers. It is a website or a mobile app that permits teachers to assign and collect assignments. It can be used on computers and ipads.
You can use Kid blog for:
- Creating classroom discussion
- Learn about digital citizenship
- Formatively evaluating writing work
- Creating an e-portal
- Practicing writing skills
MackinVIA helps student to explore their school’s e-book using iPad. It will give you instant access of eBooks checkouts and downloads.
Pocket is used to save the contents. Once the content is saved it can be visible on iPad or other device as well. You can view the saved content even offline, like during commutes or travel
Some primary literacy teachers can use it in the classroom are:
- Sentence magic
- abc Pocket Phonics
- Startfall Learn to Read
- Spelling City
- Word Wizard
- Little Speller
- Park Maths
- Fetch! Lunch Rush
- Tell Time
- 4th Grade HD