Time: 9am - 9pm US-Eastern Standard Time
This online event (held in Blackboard Collaborate) is open to all and will feature student keynote speakers and conference presentations by students in grades 6-12. We hope you will join us for some or all of the day’s sessions, and please let your students, friends, and colleagues know about it.
Go to http://studenttechnologyconference.com/page/attending-schedule for the hour-by-hour schedule in your own time zone and links to attend each session.
StuTech 2015 provides an international forum for presentation, discussion and sharing of educational technology in schools and other academic settings. The conference--with presentations by students in grades 6-12 but for an audience of students, teachers, administrators, and anyone else--is committed to:
- Fostering a better understanding of how students use technology in education and to engage students, teachers and administrators in a conversation about technology;
- Assisting teachers and administrators in understanding how students use technology both in and out of the classroom;
- Strengthening the relationship between students, teachers and administrators about technology in the curriculum.
Invite your friends and colleagues to join and share our Facebook event, post this flyer to your wall, and be sure to follow #StuTech2015 on Twitter. Here are some sample tweets and a post you can easily share on your social networks:
- Looking for an easy way to spread the word about #StuTech2015? Share our FB event w/your classroom + school network http://ow.ly/H8dFZ
- Join #StuTech2015 on Jan. 31 at 9a ET - a student-directed global conversation about #edtech http://ow.ly/HuaeZ
- Peer learning w/ #students grades 6-12 at #StuTech2015 on Jan. 31 at 9a ET http://ow.ly/HuaeZ #edchat #edtech
Sample Blog / Social Meda Post
“Join me at the 2015 Student Technology Conference, a student-directed global conversation about technology in education, on Saturday, January 31st from 9am - 9pm ET. Hear from students in grades 6-12 as they discuss and share their perspectives on educational technology. Visit http://studenttechnologyconference.com/page/attending-schedule to see the schedule of sessions in your time zone. Share that you’ll be attending on Facebook at http://ow.ly/H8dFZ and be sure to tweet using #StuTech2015.”
For latest updates, you can follow us on Twitter, Linkedin