Page 3 of 5
- One of the best benefits about future teaching tools is their ability to help students who have learning disabilities.
- Fast ForWord is one example of a new product, designed around neuroscience research on dyslexia that helps students with difficulty reading and writing improve their skills and reach grade-level standards.
- Even better, the new program is designed to mesh with No Child Left Behind mandates, which can make it easier on teachers to incorporate it into the classroom.
- Fast ForWordis a family ofeducational software products intended to enhancecognitiveskills of children, especially focused on developing "phonological awareness".
- While you might think of EEGs as something you only use in a hospital, in the future they might become a more common sight in the classroom as well. EEG is short for electroencephalography, and is a method of recording electrical activity along the scalp to measure brain activity.
- Currently, there are only a few educational companies working with EEGs for educational purposes, like NeuroSky, the company we’ve linked to here. Yet EEG technology offers teachers unprecedented insights into the minds of students, and as neuroscience research exerts greater influence over classroom practices, teachers could find themselves administering their own brain wave analysis to check student learning.
- Blackboard not working for you? Startup program Lore makes it simple to manage your course, using a social media-like format to help students turn in assignments, have discussions, and share ideas. While it could work for any type of class, Lore and other sites like it could be a big help for teachers working in distance learning.
- The newGlobal Scholar Online Courses can help you get abroad and return to use your international learning to help you make a difference.
- GlobalScholar isn’t new, the company has been around since 2006 and is a division of the education giant Scantron.
- But it is part of a growing number of tools designed to help teachers meet district standards, organize records, develop lessons, and even engage in professional development.
- Used in 1,000 school districts nationwide, GlobalScholar’s Pinnacle Suite and other similar software are fast becoming requirements in the modern teacher’s repertoire, which may not be a bad thing as districts tighten belts and demand bigger and better increases in test scores from teachers.
- The platform can also be used by schools and school districts to enable teachers and administrators to more efficiently and effectively create, manage and align content, assessments, curriculum, standards and supplemental learning.
Like what we do?
Latest EdTech News To Your Inbox
The EdTech Tweets
EdTechReview Safe, online, digital school fee collection & management tool by @school_skies for anytime-anywhere fee payment & m… https://t.co/qY8bU7iQ9B
About 9 hours ago