Over 200 college and university leaders came together for EdTechReview's Higher Ed Tech Conference 2018 on 21st June 2018 at Gurugram to discuss the changes required to run successful institutions in this digital age.
With the central theme of “Running Colleges and Universities in the Digital Age”, the day was an array of sessions, panel discussion and case study presentations on the effective use of technology in colleges and universities along with quality exploration, exhibition and networking breaks.
"We all have been talking about preparing institutions and students for the world of today and of the future; but how institutions and organizations together are making it happen leveraging technology is what we want to share through our conference", said Utkarsh Lokesh with special thanks to all speakers and sponsors including Progate, Conduira Online, Shiksha.com, Mettl, KOAK Education and others.
The conference was announced by EdTechReview based on its community feedback that having opportunities to connect and collaborate with peers and other like-minded educators is a must for educational leaders today.
Some of the topics from the agenda:
- Keynote: Running colleges & universities in the digital age
- New way to learn coding with Progate
- Industry - Academia collaborations to strengthen the higher education
- Panel: Trends in Higher Education Admissions, Student Recruitment and Enrollment, Institution Branding and Marketing
- How Data Sciences, Technology and Innovative Learning Models can help Colleges Improve their Students' Employability
- Panel: Unleashing the Potential of MOOCs, Distance & Online Learning and Blended Learning
- Innovative Learning Models to Improve Student's Employability and Career
- Panel: Skill Development, University-Industry Interaction to Boost Employability: What Role Does Technology Play?
- Panel: Engaging and Assessing Students by Leveraging Technology
Speakers from the industry included:
- Dr. Manpreet Singh Manna, DIRECTOR (SWAYAM & PMSSS), AICTE, MHRD NEW DELHI
- Dr. Raj Singh VICE CHANCELLOR, ANSAL UNIVERSITY
- Prof. Ramesh Kanwar, VICE CHANCELLOR, LOVELY PROFESSIONAL UNIVERSITY
- Kunwar Shekhar Vijendra, CO-FOUNDER AND CHANCELLOR, SHOBHIT UNIVERSITY
- Prof. (Dr.) Shri Hari, ICE CHANCELLOR, GD GOENKA UNIVERSITY
- Mr. Atul Khosla, FOUNDER, SHOOLINI UNIVERSITY
- Dr. Raghunath K Shevgaonkar VICE CHANCELLOR, BENNETT UNIVERSITY
- Prof. A. K. Bakhshi, VICE-CHANCELLOR, PDM UNIVERSITY
- Prof. Ranjit Goswami, PRO-VICE-CHANCELLOR, SHARDA UNIVERSITY
- Masa Kato, CO-FOUNDER & CEO, PROGATE
- Prof.(Dr.) Amit Rai, DEAN ACADEMICS, IAMR
- Ambrish Singh, EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT - SHIKSHA.COM
- Sumanth Palepu Sumanth Palepu CMO, CONDUIRA ONLINE
- Mr. Sachin Juneja, HEAD - MARKETING AND ADMISSIONS OUTREACH APEEJAY STYA UNIVERSITY
- Amit Bhatti, MARKETING & PLACEMENTS, THAPAR UNIVERSITY
- Dr. Vimal Rarh, JOINT DIRECTOR, GURU ANGAD DEV TEACHING LEARNING CENTRE OF MHRD, GOVT. OF INDIA
- Ketan Kapoor, CO-FOUNDER AND CEO METTL
- Prof. P. Srinivasan, HOD, MECHANICAL ENGINEERING, BITS PILANI
- Ajay Prakash Mishra, DIRECTOR, KOAK EDUCATION
- Abhishek Ballabh, CO-FOUNDER, EXTRAAEDGE TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS PVT LTD
One of the global experts Mr. Masa Kato, CEO at Progate shared the story behind creation of Progate at the age of 21. He announced a 3 months free trial for all universities present at the conference. This offer received a great response from the representatives, more than 40 colleges already signed up within few hours of the launch.
Masa said: "We believe every student should have an opportunity to learn computer science. India is the first country outside Japan where we have a dedicated workforce. At EHTC 2018, we interacted with many university and college representatives to better understand the Indian technical education landscape. With our 3 month free trial offer, thousands of students will be able to explore the platform and learn new skills. University representatives were very keen to know more about the platform and how they can use Progate for modern education." Tak Nishimura, Global Manager Progate said "We want to help students in schools and colleges to learn modern programming skills to get the 21st century jobs. Progate has everything for absolute beginners to take the first steps of coding."
Interested institutions can reach out to Progate, which is Japan's biggest online platform where students learn modern programming skills such as Python, Java, Ruby and many more. It is being used by over 380,000 students in 12 countries.
Check out the detailed agenda, expert speakers, sponsors:
80% of what we are teaching will become irrelevant in 5 years— EdTechReview (@etr_in) June 21, 2018
so what skills are needed?
Meskills - ability to learn
Weskills - ability to collaborate
And ability to communicate and share what you have done@ShooliniUniv VC Mr. Atul Khosla @atulkhosla26
Panel Unleashing the Potential of MOOCs, Distance & Online Learning and Blended Learning #onlineed#edtech#highered#moocsed#moocs#elearning— EdTechReview (@etr_in) June 21, 2018
Starts discussion with
How MHRD has contributed to creation and adoption on MOOCs pic.twitter.com/uz7AsKNnrM
4As - Anytime anywhere anyone any number of times is important today— EdTechReview (@etr_in) June 21, 2018
To capture learning experiences of students is what these Mooc platforms should focus on
Dr. Shri Hari: Vice Chancellor, GD Goenka University
these OERs, moocs should be used as supplemental material to enhance the delivery of curriculum and not the only things— EdTechReview (@etr_in) June 21, 2018
Flipped learning using these resources and utilizing class time for questioning doubts is the way to go@DrMannaAicte
With the success of this conference, EdTechReview announced similar conferences and knowledge exchange forums for Pune and Bengaluru in coming months.
Check out more photos from the event here.
For more latest updates, You can join us on Google+, Twitter, Linkedin