We are going to cover two great tools that are very useful for creating multimedia posters. Let’s explore how you can use Buncee and ThingLink effectively.
What is Buncee?
Buncee is an online/mobile canvas used to create digital index cards, flash cards, lesson plans, and so much more.
- Buncee is free.
- It allows you to add notes, images, videos, web links, audio, etc.
- You can share work online, via email, social networking, text, or via the iPhone/iPad apps.
What you can do from Buncee?
- Create lesson guides
- Great for flipping the classroom
- Digital Flash Cards
- Teacher has the ability to control whether or not project are public or private
- Viewed on web application
Why it’s useful for teachers/students?
- It gives teachers and students a new interactive way of learning.
- Creative and interactive lessons can flip your classroom with fun.
- Students of any age can easily create multimedia presentations.
- Using Buncee, you can share engaging events classroom news to the community and parents.
Quick Facts about Buncee
- Encourages creativity
- Helps collect notes
- Collaborate, create study guides
- Offers 100’s of design to choose from YouTube, SoundCloud, Flicker, and Instagram
- Buncee allows you to post assignments and add class rosters
Looking at examples of Buncee projects?
Buncee is a new and innovative way of sharing and creating posters, greeting cards, presentations, poster boards, and so much more, in an engaging and interactive way.
- One or more slides can be used in Buncee.
- You can add text, sound, links and images in the slide.
- Adding sound like students can listen the text written on the slide.
Overview of the Website-Buncee.com
- You can simply go to the website and create an account to use the site.
- On the left side of the webpage, you can find explore tab; here you can see all the publicly shared post on Buncee.
- You can easily edit and add sound, text and video in your projects using various options like video, audio, tags, photos, message and quotes, drawing, backgrounds, stickers, etc.
- You can add unlimited number of slides in Buncee.
- Background: You can even upload customized image as background; you can even use background images available on Buncee.
- Photos and PDFs: Here there are two sub options "Browse" and "My Media. In the first section, you can take pictures from your computer and in the second, you reuse your saved pictures in Buncee. You can even upload pictures using many image sites like instagram, infact, you can even attach link of an image.
- Videos: You can upload vidoes using youtube or from web. You can do quick youtube search right inside the Buncee.
- Text: You write text over the image using any font, color or size.
- Preview: This button enables you to save and preview your work.
What is ThingLink?
ThingLink helps your create and discover rich images.
Be creative! Make your image come alive with music, video, text, images, shops and more!
Every image contains a story and ThingLink helps you tell your stories. Follow image channels from your favorite bands, bloggers, and friends. Your ThingLink interactive images form a channel that other users can follow.
- ThingLink is a great place to tell digital story.
- You can create account using your Facebook or Twitter account.
- Once you logged, you can use ThingLink on your iPad.
- At the home page, you can find four tabs: stream, me, browse and create.
- Stream: It is for discovering images that people you follow, have touched or tagged.
- Me: It shows all the images you have created as well as touches, your followers, and followings.
- Browse: Using browse you can search various stuff posted by different people over ThingLink.
- Create: This option enables you to create your own stuff.
- You can easily embed video as the caption of any image.