Play-way method of learning is a complete package that enables overall development of the child by developing in terms of feelings, intellect and skills parameters.
It not only focuses on subjective development but the emotional development of the child as well. In this method of learning, playing acts as the driving force as the entire learning method revolves around activity-based learning. It encourages expression and creative skills among children.
How effective is play-method of learning
Surprisingly, the pre-primary stage of education is often overlooked but actually, it needs immense exploration and attention. The base of a child is formed right from pre-school. Play-way method of learning is very popular modus operandi of imparting knowledge to children and is introduced in major parts of India in preschools. While going to play school the child steps out of his/her home and the nutshell for the first time. Hence, if an environment of play is entertained for them in pre-schools than it will give them the feeling of comfort and will help them to createa bond with their teachers and other kids. Children’s always tend to get excited if certain fun element and play is involved in it. With this particular method, the child can give wings to their imagination ability. It enables the child to improve various skills like motor, creative, imaginative, aesthetic, cognitive, linguistic etc.
The play-way method is a unique method of learning and can be customized as per the child’s interests and requirements. Hence, it may vary from child to child. Teachers should develop different customized learning activities by creating a joyful environment and shall plan the activities ranging from simple to complex. What can be best for child other than to get a completefeeling of freedom? This method of learning is unplanned and hence encourages the complete freedom of expression. The traditional methods of assessing kids based on grading system are completely eliminated under this method rather, the teachers assess the aptitudes and skills of a childon regular intervals and keep their parents informed about same. The children get promoted to next level by participating in ample of activities like music, communication with teachers and other kids, art, learning and inculcating skills etc. All these activities ensure the child’s development such as physical, intellectual, psychological along with the development of different skills.
There is no rigid method of applying a play-way method of learning and it can be combined with other methods of learning as well. All the appropriate knowledge regarding this method can be acquired by preschool trainer certification. A school who wishes to incorporate a play-way method of learning in its curriculum needs to study every minute detail of it and prepare the set up accordingly.
My Preparatory School in Kalyaninagar, Pune has been known for its effective method of play-way learning. Learn more about the 15 year old pre-primary school here.
Principles of Play-way method
- A practical approach helps in easy learning for the child.
- The complete atmosphere of freedom is conductive for learning.
- The customized method designed and adopted should suit the needs of the child.
- Learning methods used should be related to real life rather than books.
- This method provides a plethora of opportunities for the childto express themselves.
Why Play-way method
- It turns entire learning into fun element by involving play in it.
- It develops the feeling of satisfaction among children.
- Every child is given equal exposure and ample of opportunities for learning and participation.
- Along with knowledge, it inculcates various other skills in a child.
- It helps children to connect with peers and teachers easily.
- It facilitates the overall and holistic development.