Global Gateway is a great platform for educators. Teachers across the globe meet and learn to successfully integrate worldwide content into their core instruction.
This amazing platform gives access to online PD and curriculum resource library to help K-12 teachers.
Online Professional Development with Global Gateway
The Global Gateway provides an integrated platform for teachers who also get access to online PD, resources, lesson plans, digital badging for accomplishments as well as participation in cooperative community of worldwide educators.
How Does It Work?
Global Gateway online professional development program are structured in three learning spirals.
- Connecting and Integrating
Module content with multiple points help educators to step-by-step gain the knowledge, acquire skills and attitude that is required to become an effective educator. On this platform, educators can review module content on their own time as well as collaborate with other colleagues and teachers to share and know about their experiences. The association over this platform goes beyond schools and districts. Educators see how other educators are applying the info as well as techniques gained from different modules in their class and schools grade. After completion of every module, educators receive ten hour as award that may be utilized as educatorsâ€™ license renewal credits', with this they also get module badge.
Educators are Awarded Module Badges When:
- They have completed all stages of individual modules.
- They submitted their PBI (Project-Based Inquiry) lessons with proof of classroom implementation.
- Original Project-Based Inquiry lesson plans and learning products have been published in the resource library of VIF. So that other teachers can access it.
Educators can enhance their professional learning experience via a consistent project-based inquiry design, through this they can:
- Ask questions
- Analyze and investigate resources and information
- Share their learning with other educators as well
- Create product of learning and synthesis info learned
- Revise learning products and reflect learning experience
Curriculum Resource Library
Curriculum resource library integrates global content, technology, inquiry-based learning to enhance academic understanding and knowledge.
How Does It Work?
The Global Gateway lessons worksheets, plans and activities help teachers in:
- Project-based inquiry approach to teaching and learning
- Deliberate integration of global content
- Developing critical technology skills
The Global Gateway curriculum emphasis on academic content, global learning and inquiry:
- Encourages analysis and high thinking skills and emphasis on artifact- a procedure that leads to a well understanding of content.
- Transform info into â€˜useable knowledgeâ€™.
- Strength learners to control their learning.
- Reinforces the linking amid the core content and literacy activities.