EdTechReview to host India's First Digital Citizenship and Internet Maturity Summit for schools on April 22nd, 2016 in New Delhi.
The summit is going to be India’s first summit to make schools aware on how to foster digital citizenship in the classroom.
Addressing the 21st century skill of digital citizenship is important; to help students to learn, communicate and collaborate safely and responsibly. Being a best digital citizen in the community includes having email etiquette, reporting and preventing cyber bullying, learning how to protect private information and much more.
We need to make citizens, especially students (kids and teens) capable of utilizing the power of internet for learning; help them understand internet safety to protect themselves from its harmful effects, and grow into mature and ethical digital citizens.
"I am delighted that EdTechReview has chosen to focus on this topic as school leaders need to understand how it is one of the most important piece in this digital age", shares Shalini Advani, Director, Pathways World School.
The event will be addresses by some of the experts and practitioners like:
- Gary Coyle, Director – Technology, American Embassy School, Delhi
- Raghu Pandey, Author of Book - Become an Internet Mature Student
- Shalini Advani, Director, Pathways World School, Noida
- Ashish Agarwal, Vice-principal, Ashish Agarwal, BILLABONG HIGH INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL BHOPAL
- P. S. Kalra, Principal, Birla School, Ranchi
- Casper Pieters, Educator, SOOCed & The Flying Teachers, Australia
Utkarsh Lokesh, CEO, EdTechReview says "While planning the Digital Citizenship & Internet Maturity (DCIM) Summit our aim was to help schools understand the importance of digital citizenship and responsible use of technology in education. Being the leading edtech community, it is our responsibility to provide a platform to schools in the community to learn what digital citizenship is, and how they can foster the same in their classrooms from peers and experts in the field."
The event will include session, panel discussion and case study presentations on:
- Keynote: Digital Citizenship & Internet Maturity: Why Every Child Needs to Possess This Skill
- Keynote: Understanding Internet Maturity from Students’ and Parents' Perspective
- How Indian Schools Should Foster Digital Citizenship - Strategies and Resources by Practitioners
- Case Study Presentations – Implementations & Impact: School leaders will share how they are integrating the whole awareness program on prevention of cyber bullying, cyber safety tips and digital citizenship skills in their schools; along with details on what is its impact on maturity level of students, teachers and parents.
Venue: Lemon Tree Premier, Aerocity, New Delhi
Timing: 09:00 AM to 02:00 PM
This event is free for school leaders to attend. You may register directly here: https://goo.gl/VHgOyr
Or Visit the Event Page for more details: http://edtechreview.in/digital-citizenship/summit