Is it really possible to get a job without an interview suit? With only a few clicks, a studentâ€™s rÃ©sumÃ© can make it to every relevant organization across the nation. Wondering how? You must check out Collegefeed!
Collegefeed is a social platform that works like a match-making service for jobseekers, by leveraging all the latest technologies. Since Collegefeed launched last year it now has 1000 employers on board and tens of thousands of new grads from 400+ schools. Dozens of universities from Stanford to Carnegie Mellon are rolling it out campus-wide to students. 10% of users have already been hired through the service.
Though we believe Collegefeed is challenging services like LinkedIn for Education, Sanjeev Agrawal (CEO, Collegefeed) seems to be clear on how it is different from other platforms and what edge do they have.
Watch this interview/conversation with Collegefeed's Founder and CEO, Sanjeev Agrawal to know more about the platform.
Before collegefeed, Sanjeev ran marketing for Google, was CEO of Aloqa, a mobile platform (acquired by Motorola), and VP Product at Tellme Networks (acquired by Microsoft). A former Mckinsey consultant, Sanjeev holds a BS and MS in EECS from MIT.
Here are the questions we have got Mr. Sanjeev answer for you.
- Tell us exactly what problems is CollegeFeed trying to solve and for whom?
- Why the job-search process has not changed for years?
- How is this different from other job boards?
- How are the chances of getting a job significantly better here?
- What is the driving passion, why are you passionate about this company?
- How does a profile reaches the interested company? Howâ€™s the match done in real time?
- On what criteria do you filter applicants?
- How is the priced option different from the free option for employers?
- Face-to-face interaction matters: How do companies overcome this challenge?
- What are the plans for scale? The site mentioned that you accept US and Canada applicants at this point of time. What about markets like India which also faces the same or bigger issue of unemployability of college grads?
- Tell us about your team, who do you have supporting you? How and when did this start?
- What has the response been from the employers?
- What is the kind of job and skill that attract employers more?
- What are the biggest challenges of your startup?
Check out the Screenshots of the Platform (Both Students' and Employers' View)
For more latest updates, You can join us on Twitter, Linkedin