The UGC-Academic Staff College, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad organises Orientation Courses, Refresher Courses, Interaction Programmes and Short Term Courses on thrust areas for in-service teachers and also for newly appointed teaching faculty on a regular basis.
The Winter School will enable the teachers to:
- understand the significance of technology in general and higher education in particular, in global and Indian context;
- understand the linkages between the education and economic, social and cultural development with particular references to Indian environment;
- acquire and improve basic skills of teaching at the college/university level to achieve the goals of the higher education;
- understand the organization and management of the college/university and to perceive the role of teachers in the total system;
- utilize the opportunities for development of personality, initiative and creativity.
The Winter Schools are equivalent to the Refresher Course sponsored by University Grants Commission.
During the current academic year 2014-2015, a Three-Week Winter School on “Technology Enabled Learning” is proposed to be organised during 15-12-2014 to 05-01-2015, in the campus of JNT University Hyderabad. The number of participants is limited to a maximum of 60, and the selection will be based on the priority of ‘first -come-first-serve’.
- Preference will be given to the teaching faculty, who have completed their Ph.D or register for Ph.D., and working in the universities or colleges, who are included in the list of Colleges under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, even though they may not yet be fit under 12-B of the UGC Act, are eligible to participate in the Orientation and Refresher Courses. The teachers of colleges, which do not yet come within the purview of Section 2(f), but have been affiliated to a University for at least 5 years, are eligible to participate in the Course.
- Teachers have to be sponsored by the concerned Principal of the College / Head of the Institution for considering the participation in the Course.
Main Subject Contents:
- Technology enabled learning
- Learning Management Systems
- Collaboration Tools
- Open web & Web 2.0 and other tools
- Virtual classrooms
- Virtual Labs.,
- Effective Assessment using Technology
For more latest updates, You can join us on Google+, Twitter, Linkedin