Khan Academy is trying best to expand the reach of human knowledge and ability—to create a generation of life-long learners, inventors, problem-solvers. Starting in 2015, Khan Academy wants to focus its energy on India.
For the same, KA currently has a new role for India Country Manager (to be ideally based in India). This role requires someone who is an exceptional leader and executor that can have a strong vision with a get-things-done attitude to build a team, challenge conventional thinking, extend our network.
"Our efforts, if successful, will allow many more Indian learners of all ages to have free access to a world-class education" says Yin Lu who heads up International Market Development at Khan Academy.
Khan Academy is looking for an exceptional India Market Development Manager (based out of Mountain View California or India) to help them expand Khan Academy’s mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. The mission is bold and ambitious, and KA needs your help and expertise to make it happen.
KA Team is a group of fun, quirky people at heart that come from a variety of backgrounds. The team includes industry leaders from Google, Apple, Facebook, Microsoft, Pixar, Fog Creek, and tiny startups, as well as people with non-traditional backgrounds who didn’t graduate from college. Inspite of the small team size, they are an elite team, deeply invested in your future and believes that no organization will be as invested in developing you as a professional.
While their headquarters are based in California, they have a global presence with nearly 15 million learners in 190 countries who complete over 4 million exercises on the platform every day. They are growing Khan Academy’s presence in key markets outside of the US and India is one big focal point.
Your goal is simple: to help Khan Academy grow in India through increasing awareness, reach, usage and ultimately, impact to learners. To do that, you will need to have a passionately deep understanding of country specific Education-Sector dynamics (in the private, public as well as consumer markets); then you’ll translate this into a strategic plan, influence internally and externally to build, strengthen, execute on partnerships, and deliver against our strategic plan; all this to enable KA to craft the best experience possible for our Indian learners.
- Monitoring India’s broader education and technology landscape, identifying key focal points and translating these findings into a coherent strategic plan which maps back to high level metric goals
- Working cross-functionally across Khan Academy with our Content, Mobile, Communications, Data, Programs, Marketing, Localization and Internationalization Teams to align on strategic needs and execution
- Managing research, outreach and relations with major educational companies, telecommunications companies, web portals, corporations, foundations and government
- Working with in-country partners and contractors (where applicable) to execute on new and existing projects
- 6-10 years of work experience, preferably in consulting, business development or partnership management at an organization with global presence
- A proven track record of driving new initiatives and cross team collaboration
- Credibility in the education or university spheres, through work experience, credentials, or network
- Exceptional relationship management and influencing skills, including with senior leadership in large organizations, and internal stakeholders
- Experience working in startups, or in similarly fast-paced environments
- The ability to structure, negotiate, and close complex enterprise deals, particularly with Mobile OEMs, Carriers
- Experience working in an international setting, travel up to 30%.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias towards action
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others and be a strong team player. You take pride in your work while also recognizing and celebrating the contributions of others
- A bias towards data-driven thinking and decision-making
- Savviness with technology, particularly web and mobile learning products
- Deep familiarity with South Asian culture, government, and society
- Native fluency in Hindi, and full professional proficiency in English, with excellent writing and communication skills in both languages
- BS/BA or equivalent
- MBA is a plus
KA OFFERS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
KA may be a non-profit, but it rewards the talented team like a for-profit!
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed – we are about getting things done, not face time
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work on high-impact software that's already defining the future of education
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View
- Awesome team events and weekly board game nights
- The ability to improve real lives
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
HOW TO APPLY
Along with your resume, please include:
1) a response to the following prompt (formatting does not matter, feel free to use any approach you’d like, limited to 1 page) : By 2020, we want every student in India to know what Khan Academy is and have an easy and cost effective way to access our product. Come up with a plan to help us get there.
- Sal’s TED talk:http://www.ted.com/talks/salman_khan_let_s_use_video_to_reinvent_education.html
- Our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
- You Can Learn Anything: https://www.khanacademy.org/youcanlearnanything
- Sal’s Interview with BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04hytg6
KA is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
For more latest updates, You can join us on Twitter, Linkedin