My pain may be the reason for somebody's laugh. But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody's pain. – Charlie Chaplin
This quotation by Charlie Chaplin is my favorite for the very simple reason that hurting anybody for any reason is not humane at all.
Sadly, bullying is very common and is exercised widely be it online or offline. People need to understand that online harassment do have an offline impact.
So I hope that the quotes below may help in discouragement of the bullying online and offline.
1. Unless and until our society recognizes cyber bullying for what it is, the suffering of thousands of silent victims will continue. - Anna Maria Chavez
2. Cyber bullies can hide behind a mask of anonymity online and do not need direct physical access to their victims to do unimaginable harm. - Anna Maria Chavez
3. It's easy to be mean when you're Unknown Author. There's a lot of people who wouldn't have the cajones to say in person what they do online. But you can't listen to somebody you don't even know. Opinions of your friends and family matter, but you can't listen to somebody who is nobody to you. – Brendan Dooling
4. Cyber-bullying is poised to turn into the biggest online concern, already affecting up to 35% of all children. - Dr Martyn Wild
6. It’s funny when I’m cyber bullied (anonymously) because when people do it to me, I don’t think of how much I want to hurt them or punch them in the face like my friends do…but I go on this site and write a quote to them back, hoping to kill them with kindness. - Ashley Jackson
7. The Internet can be used as a place to have a greater positive impact on the world, There’s a ton of positive initiatives online. The web should be used to inspire others, not spread hate or to hurt others. - Justin Bieber
8. Nothing ever goes away once it is posted online.
9. Before you Post, THINK
- T: Is It TRUE?
- H: Is It Helpful?
- I: Is It Inspiring?
- N: Is It Necessary?
- K: Is It Kind?
10. Post, don’t roast.
11. The old adage, “sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me” does not apply in the worlds of Internet technology, where false, hurtful or humiliating comments can go viral and global in just seconds.
12. Online predators look for vulnerable youth, pretend to be someone they are not and try to gain the trust of youth. It is important NOT to accept a friend request or communicate with someone whom you don’t know.
13. Problem with cyber bullying is everything. If you have something mean to say, look in the mirror & say it to yourself. Maybe you’ll think twice.
14. One of the most consistently found differences between traditional bullying and cyber bullying is that victims can be bullied anytime and from anywhere because most children have access to digital devices outside of school.
15. Cyber bullying is bulling. Hiding behind a pretty screen doesn’t make it less hateful. Written words have power.
16. Every call, email and text is chance for you to send more love into the world. Stop cyber bullying.
17. It only takes one click to ruin a kid’s life.
18. Technology should not be used as a tool to hurt and create conflict.
19. Cyber Bullying is poised to turn into the biggest online concern, already affecting up to 35% of all children. – Dr. Martyn Wild
20. Cyber Bullies kill people’s soul.
Children should be able to live a life free from bullying and harassment and it is time that we all took a stand against this. So keep adding to the list. Add your views in the comment box below!