PrintLab International, a global distributor of 3D printing products based in the UK, is today announcing the launch of PrintLab Classroom, a creative online lesson portal for teachers.
PrintLab Classroom is an ideal solution for teachers looking to integrate 3D printing into core topics such as science, technology, engineering, arts, maths, computing, geography, history, languages and more.
By enrolling with PrintLab Classroom, teachers will now have access to 12 unique creative projects with 2 brand new lessons being added to the portal every month. Each lesson comes with everything a teacher needs to prepare and deliver the lesson such as:
- Information including subject areas and learning criteria
- Downloadable presentations
- Downloadable student workbooks
- Step-by-step lesson preparation information
- Step-by-step lesson delivery information
- Teacher training/lesson practice video tutorials
Featured lessons include:
- Make a 3D Contour Model - Make an Ergonomic Pen
- Make your School Name in Braille - Make a 3D Population Graph
- An Introduction to 3D Printing - An Introduction to 3D Modelling
- Make Classroom Objects - Design a Personalised Chopsticks Holder
- Design your own Watchtower - 3D Printing Chemical Structures
- Design your own Whistle - Balloon Powered Dragster
+ 2 new lessons every month!
Jason Yeung, Co-Founder at PrintLab, is excited about offering educators a unique new platform for teaching 3D printing. “Additive manufacturing is exponentially growing and is a vital tool across a range of industries. This means we must prepare the next generation for their future careers by addressing the widening skills gap.
He added, “After a great deal of research with teachers around the world, we found that within 3D printing curriculum, there is a distinct need for teacher training and content that is applicable to core subject areas. Teachers require an easy to use, engaging solution which makes their challenge of inspiring young people possible. PrintLab Classroom achieves this by providing a simple and comprehensive lesson package, developed alongside teachers and with an ever-expanding number of lessons”.
For more information and to be in with a chance to win a 3D Printer simply sign up to a free lesson plan at https://classroom.weareprintlab.com/ and we’ll pick a winner at random on 12.02.18
For more latest updates, You can join us on Twitter, Linkedin