Voki is a good tool which can be used in education, and it is fun to share information between students, parents, teachers and principal with. Voki is a tool which can be used to share a message using an animated avatar that talks. It can be created
using your own voice recorded using multiple devices. You can design the avatar’s appearance, add voice, and can get an embed code to pop it into any website or powerpoint. The avatar moves and speaks based on what the caller says.
Voki can provide a fun way to share information with parents and one can also capture anyone’s message using the recorder of a smartphone. Here are some good practices of using Voki tool for your classroom.
VOKI FOR TEACHERS, PRINCIPALS:
Easily Embed Vokis
- The school staff can use Voki to record introduction messages for their school websites.
- Teachers can embed a Voki to welcome students and parents to their home page.
- School can record a personalized welcome message and embed onto the school website.
Here are tutorials to Embedding a Voki into Powerpoint , Embedding a Voki into a Google Site.
Use Voki to Guide Students
- Create Vokis to let students know what they need to do in class.
- Simply create a Voki (with recorded instructions) for assignment section of your subject, letting students know what they’re expected to do.
Here is tutorial to Embedding a Voki onto Moodle, Blog Wiki or Web Page
VOKI FOR STUDENTS
Use Voki for Proofreading
- Students use Voki to listen to their writing aloud. They use this 21st century method for proofreading when students do not read over their writing or are unaware of mistakes in their story. Students use this self-discovery strategy of revision and editing in order to privately critique their own work before conferring with the teacher. See what it looks like here http://youtu.be/Y9gHpIH9RTA
- Students can create Vokis to show what they know. They can place their Vokis onto the class page of their website and share them with parents to give insight into what their children are learning in class.
Use Voki for Practicing Language
- For a student to learn English as a second language or take a Spanish, French, or other foreign language class, vocal practice of the language is important.
- Students are not comfortable pronouncing the foreign words many times during the lectures. Voki allows them to speak into their phones privately and the listen to the avatar presenting it to them.
Use Voki for a Debate
- Students can create avatars to share their views on any topic in the school, a current issue in the news, or any other opinions on works or events and have a Voki debate.
Use Voki for Testimonials
- Voki can provide a new form of feedback, review or report. The Voki testimonial allows students to present in a way that can be shared with more people than just their classmates.
As students are not so shy when speaking into their phones, the quality of speech can be better through these practices. Voki can be a useful step in helping students gain experience and confidence before actual presentations or speeches. Use Voki to let students share their learnings, creating a collection of such Vokis to track the learning outcome.
How o Get Started
- Register at www.Voki.com with your email and password.
- Select create.
- Select a character.
- Select the look, clothing and accessories.
- Add your voice by calling the number Voki provides, or have Voki call your number by entering it.
- Choose a background from the Voki library or upload your own.
- Click Publish to email to a friend or get code to take your Voki avatar anywhere
For more latest updates, You can join us on Twitter, Linkedin