Calling growth stage edtech startups interested in global expansion to apply for the inaugural Edventures Global Business Acceleration (GBA) Fellowship!
Edventures GBA is an edtech startup competition and professional development fellowship that includes a 5-day all expenses-paid trip to Hong Kong and the neighbouring cities in southern China (aka the Silicon Valley of Asia) for 12 selected semifinalists. The fellows will be connected with potential investors, partners and customers in the education and corporate sectors in Asia and beyond. Our panel of recognized judges will select 3 winners that will qualify for financial and go-to-market support, mentorship, business matching, industry networks, and funding opportunities from our co-creator Cyberport and our honorary legal advisor Oldman, Li & Nie. We invite you to register your interest here, or apply directly before July 23!
The EdVentures GBA Fellowship aims to offer rapidly growing edtech startups the opportunity to globally expand by leveraging the phenomenal concentration of human resources, capital, and spirit of innovation in Hong Kong and Asia’s Silicon Valley. The Fellowship is proudly organized by Esperanza, a Hong Kong NGO, and Cyberport, a leading hub for technological innovation. We are excited to partner with leading edtech communities around the world, including EdtechX, Education Korea, EdTechReview, GESAwards, GET, HKEd City, HolonIQ, ISTE, Nordic Edtech Forum, Silicon Dragon and South China Morning Post.
The Fellowship is designed for growth-stage education ventures that have demonstrated success in their home markets and are considering international expansion. We are looking for ventures who have innovative and proven solutions to meet the talent needs of the 21st century. The solutions can be focused on a wide range of areas, from early childhood to tertiary education, special education, workplace and lifelong learning.
The 12 selected fellows will benefit from:
- A fully funded 5 day business development and professional development trip to Hong Kong and 2 other cities in southern China.
- Opportunities to access funding and grants.
- Participation in the Cyberport Venture Capital Forum and access to Cyberport’s valuable entrepreneurship support platform.
- An immersive introduction to the Greater Bay Area (GBA) with organized tours of major cities and startup facilities in the region.
- Advice and support from a distinguished international panel of judges, comprising investors and funders, educators and corporate leaders.
- Facilitated access to investors, local partners, education authorities/institutions and corporate clients.
- Professional advice regarding global expansion via the GBA on topics such as market entry, taxation, legal/regulatory, intellectual property, and supply chain management.
- International marketing exposure through the programme’s global media partners.
Click here to learn more about us, view our judging and vetting panels, and learn about the opportunities awaiting your company in Asia's Silicon Valley!
For more latest updates, You can join us on Twitter, Linkedin