ReadSpeaker is a leading platform that provides online text-to-speech services which are used by numerous websites, mobile apps and users worldwide. In 1999, ReadSpeaker developed the first ever speech enabling application for websites.
ReadSpeaker speech enables online content in over 35 languages and more than 100 voices. The platform provides comprehensive web-based text-to-speech solutions for websites, mobile sites, mobile apps, RSS feeds, online documents and forms, and online campaigns. ReadSpeaker has customers from the corporate, media, government, and other non-profit customers from around the world. ReadSpeaker makes listening to the web as easy as printing or sharing a web-page. All its products are web-based which eliminates the need to download them, makes it easy to implement them, allows access from any location, makes it possible to work with all browsers such as IE (6 and up), Firefox, Safari, Chrome and more.
Technology has changed how students learn and has made education connected to the benefit of all students. It has evolved to better suit diverse styles of learning making educators better equipped to reach the many types of learners found in a classroom. Text-to-speech technology is one such example of technological evolution. Many students who are otherwise capable of learning are thwarted by reading. This can be owing to learning disabilities, physical impairments, second-language challenges, or even a simple aversion to reading. Earlier there were not many options available to aid such students. Text-to-speech has made learning possible and has leveled it for these students. They can now consume the same information as their peers and in a way that suits their individual learning style and helps them encounter the learning challenges. Technology like text to speech removes limitations, and makes education more effective and enjoyable for everyone.
ReadSpeaker makes online text-to-speech a common service for learning in order to reach as many students as possible. ReadSpeaker speech enables online educational content, including textbooks and course materials, making them more accessible to students with cognitive issues, learning difficulties, or vision problems. It can be used as a teaching and learning aid in the classroom or online, and gives all students the option to listen to coursework via their computers, mobile phones, or tablets. Students do not have to download any extra software, they just have to click and listen to the content of their courses.
The main features of ReadSpeaker are:
- It uses the latest web standards (HTML5/CSS) and works on all devices and browsers, including the latest iOS and Android devices.
- It supports multiple languages and multiple voices per language.
- It offers a customizable reading area, order, and speed and highlighting colors.
- It has a Settings menu that allows users to customize the reading experience and also has a Pronunciation dictionary.
The basic challenges faced by educators are, they want to help their learners achieve higher academic and professional performance, want to provide better accessibility to course materials and want to deliver course materials in a flexible way that is suitable for learners with varying learning styles. ReadSpeaker online text-to-speech offers solutions for education that extend the reach of online content. It is now being used by major educational institutions and e-learning publishers.
The educational solutions offered by ReadSpeaker are:
- ReadSpeaker Enterprise Highlighting : It helps learners better understand online text content by speech-enabling and highlighting it at the same time (bimodal content presentation ).
- ReadSpeaker docReader : It enables students to listen to PDFs, Word documents, and many other document formats on any device without the requirement of any plugins.
- ReadSpeaker audioMobile API : It enables you to add speech to your mobile app making your content available to your learners in a convenient, easy-to-listen way.
ReadSpeaker uses innovative technology to assist those with disabilities. It is designed to speech enable web page content for users with reading difficulties, learning disabilities such as Dyslexia, English as a second language, individuals with mild visual impairments, and those who would like the web content read while accomplishing other tasks.
With such solutions ReadSpeaker online text-to-speech can benefit education in various ways. Its educational benefits are as follows:
- Educational content can be presented in ways that increase student comprehension.
- It increases the accessibility of online courses and textbooks and makes it easier for students to access course materials on mobile devices.
- Using ReadSpeaker you can meet the needs of and reach a larger percentage of your students, especially those with visual impairments or reading difficulties and foreign students.
- It can be integrated into any learning management system or platform to support universal learning by enhancing content with audio thereby providing users the ability to listen to text.
Several educational institutions and publishers have added ReadSpeaker to their learning management systems (LMS), platforms, and websites, including Discovery Education, Advanced Academics, Castle Learning Online, Georgia Virtual School, American Institute of History Education, Cengage Learning and more.
How do you think ReadSpeaker can benefit you in education? Avail the services offered by the platform and share your experiences.