CourseTalk, the largest site for ratings and reviews of MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses), analyzed its entire catalog, spanning 7,500 reviewed courses and 46 providers to come with a report outlining great findings.
Some key findings:
- Paid courses were rated on average 1.4 stars higher than free courses
- CourseTalk users are willing to pay for good courses.
- 80% of courses get 4-5 stars (average course has 4.18 stars)
- Students using third-party review platforms like CourseTalk seem highly-satisfied with their learning experiences.
- Course workloads did not affect ratings
- No direct link was found between the hours of study expected of students and user ratings.
Our top-rated providers are:
- Treehouse - 4.89 stars
- Stanford Online - 4.59 stars
- Coursera - 4.53 stars
Note that all star ratings are out of 5.
See the full report for a Top 10 list.
For more latest updates, You can join us on Google+, Twitter, Linkedin