Children today are tech savvy and can’t stay away from their smart devices for long.
Gamification in education is one big relief as children who are always busy on the devices can learn along with playing games. There are a lot of web tools catering to this technology making learning fun and engaging for students.
One such tool is Playablo. The product delivers gamified, fun learning experiences to children aged 6-12 years (classes I through V) in English & Maths. The children access Playablo’s curated content library through the Android app or a web browser. The app enables children to learn in a fun and engaging fashion that fulfills their desire to play as well their learning needs. The content library of the tool is over 100,000 questions strong and 100% compliant with CBSE & ICSE curricula. There are over 20,000 children spread across the length and breadth of the country using the product today.
Adaptive Learning; Audio Content; Exercise, Quiz & Poll Creators; Exercises & Worksheets; Game-Based Learning; Language Learning; Question & Answer; Student Assessments; Study Aids
The app is compatible with Android, Web and Desktop.
The app has a freemium model wherein certain skills in English & Maths are available free of cost and others are paid-for starting from Rs 39/ month. The entire suite can be bought for starting at Rs 299/ month.
The children get the opportunity to learn skills in English & Maths in an engaging fashion with game elements weaved into the pedagogic approach. The young learners get to navigate various "skill mountains" and encounter different questions of increasing levels of complexity as they navigate the higher reaches of the "skill mountain". The pedagogic approach has been designed keeping in mind the global Webb's DOK (Depth of Knowledge) framework for learning that follows the sequence of Recall -> Concept -> Analysis -> Synthesis competency based learning.
- With their series of interactive quizzes, this educational app makes effective learning engaging and fun.
- The badges, medals and crowns will have the child asking for more. Cheer your child on as they earn their stripes and push them to do better.
- Level by level, lesson by lesson watch your child climb the ranks in the Leaderboard, beating competition across schools, cities and countries. This help the kid to stay consistent and motivated.
- Playablo’s Performance Tracker helps you monitor your child’s progress in different subjects, on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Playablo’s detailed analysis helps you determine exactly where your child needs greater attention. Focusing on these areas will help your child become an all-rounder.
- Review your child’s score instantly for quick, course-correction.
- The content on the app is aligned to the syllabus of educational boards. Currently, they support the CBSE syllabus. However, the company says that other syllabi will be added in the near future.
The app is really good to help children refine their academics. With the game based learning strategy, it is easier for children to focus and engage in their studies. The badges help children keep the moral up and pacing to do better. Also, the leader-board is one good way to track the performance in comparison to other players. We suggest educators and parents to use the app and decide on their own.