Anyone with the link can access the collection irrespective of whether they are using the tool or not. This gives you the ease of sharing of collection without having to ask your fellows to be using the tool.
The ease of directly sharing the collection via other social platforms prove a direct channel and ensures that every student gets the content that you want to share.
For Students: The tool is useful wherever there is a need to organize, collect and present digital content e.g. creating vibrant digital portfolios, organizing their academic research, engaging in group projects with their peers, submitting assignments, and more. Wakelet's robust and dynamic collaboration features allow for students and teachers to work together on the same projects in real-time.
So Why You Should Be Using This Tool?
- Ease of organizing resources systematically in one place.
- Feature to be collaborative with fellows. This can help in creation of projects. A feature that would help students and educators alike.
- Multiple ways to share collections. You don’t have to have an account on the platform to access the collection shared to you.
- Follow people with similar interests and expand your professional learning community.
- Support for varied types of content be it videos, PDFs, etc.
- Availability of app and browser extensions.
- The tool is free of cost with all features.
All in all, Wakelet can be used for a wide variety of educational practices and learning outcomes. The flexibility and usefulness of the platform provide for some of the most creative, engaging, and memorable learning experiences. The ease of creating shareable collections makes it apt for educators who like to use web resources for their teaching or use online additional readings. With integrations across all common tech tools, you'll quickly find Wakelet becoming an essential part of your workflow!
The walkthrough above may have given you a feel of the platform. But I highly suggest you give it a try and experience your online content curation get sorted to a different level.
Share your experience of using Wakelet or any other similar tool in the comments below.