Well there are a lot of important things in the profession of education which are ignored but the passion keeps the educators striving and doing better every day to provide students with the best of future.
So, to make everyone aware, acknowledge and inspire the awesome profession you are into I’ve curated this list of 5 TED Talks that would help you get a better perspective of your role in the area and do better everyday.
“What Makes A Good Teacher Great?” By Azul Terronez
This is an output of collected 26,000 responses from 8 different schools and patterns that have emerged after getting his question answered.
Azul Terronez is the author of the best-selling book "The art of Apprenticeship" Azul has coached teachers and schools leaders around the world.
“Teach Teachers How To Create Magic” By Christopher Emdin
This discusses the vision to make classroom alive. A must watch for educators.
“The 5 Principles Of Highly Effective Teachers” By Pierre Pirard
Believing that kids or labeled as ‘trouble makers’ are the future of our society and that we should care for their education, no matter what their socio-cultural and economical background is he became a teacher leaving his high profile career as a CEO. The video focuses on key 5 Principles, namely,
- Believe that students can achieve great results and let them know that you as their teacher believe in them.
- Set realistic goals and make those aims achievable by breaking them down into bite size goals.
- Invest time and commitment into the student and gain the same from the student and his or her family.
- Plan carefully to achieve success and plan backwards in order to achieve success.
- And finally leadership is key to making all these principles work and to guide others towards achieving success.
“No More Bad Coffee: Professional Development That Honors Teachers” By Sheryl Chard
The talk is a must watch for the edleaders as to understand about the importance of professional development for teachers.
“I Love Teaching So Much ... I Quit” By Tawana Weicker
A high school teacher turned biofuel eco-entrepreuer shares her story where her students become her teachers. This video will leave you all inspired.
Which video did you like the most and why?