As mobility becomes critical to your overall
business strategy, you need a solution to officially secure, configure and manage all your mobile devices deployed across your organization.
Airwatch provides the most comprehensive solutions for securing and managing complex mobile deployments. It enables you to officially manage multiple business units and locations in a single console with the ability to dedicate access and management across your organization, and no matter what devices your organization is supporting today Airwatch provides the most extensive multi OS management solution across all the leading mobile operating systems. With Airwatch’s MDM (Mobile Device Management) solution you can enable mobility to drive value for your business.
Airwatch has consequently turned out to be a success in the management of mobile devices, owing to its manifold features and impeccable functionality ranging from configuration to support. The following points account for Airwatch becoming one of the leaders in MDM:
- Activation: The usual process for protecting devices whether you adopt a BYOD (Bring-Your-Own-Device) policy or issue corporate liable devices by enrolling the device into a MDM system is improved in AirWatch which lets associate and activate devices in one simple step, without the need for iTunes, or any such software, in your environment. Once enrolled in the AirWatch console, your company's admins can easily make changes, insure compliance and monitor the device by using the Web-based console.
- Enrollment: AirWatch's device enrollment process begins with the device staging procedure, which lets IT administrators quickly stage a device with the proper configuration and prepare it for deployment. This process can also be used for bulk enrollments that involve large-scale mobile device deployment.
- Security: The security features of AirWatch extend past the passcode method of providing security and also offer the ability to configure password complexity and mandate encryption on the device storage cards. This secures all data being stored on and transmitted to a device and by providing local data backup, adds an element of data loss prevention.
- Device Management: Once deployed, devices can be easily managed. You can update each device configuration profile, send a request to a device to request information, lock device or when necessary, wipe it of all data remotely, un-enroll that device using the Admin console to decommission it and also set up custom queries at custom intervals in order to report on any device information.
- Configuration: All devices enrolled in the AirWatch system can be configured remotely. Admins can configure device settings or user credentials to allow access to certain resources on your network.
- Monitoring: AirWatch includes interactive dashboards and Web portals to help you track and view device information in real-time. Visibility and access are tightly controlled. Admins and end users can also receive alerts triggered by specific events.
- Support: It provides an ability to support your user community remotely. Admins can send messages to the user, and vice-versa, to troubleshoot problems or can remotely control the device from their own computer. Users can also access a self-service portal.
Here’s a case-study to illustrate one of the best practices adopted by a school with the implementation of Airwatch:
Continued on the next page...