eLearning and artificial Intelligence, both of these tech practices have been deeply integrated for various education needs.
The benefits for both the techs are valuable for a better learning experience. Needless to say eLearning has completely revolutionized the way we look at education giving it accessibility and making it efficient for all and the benefit of Artificial Intelligence comes from its ability to evaluate, learn, and adopt a dynamic strategy. One of the best benefits of eLearning is that it allows students to learn at their own pace and explore new material turned up by simple searches.
eLearning is not a new thing for any of the educators but the concept of artificial intelligence still remains unknown to teachers who are not so updated with the tech use in education. Basically, Artificial Intelligence in eLearning is still in its early ages. However, what seems promising is that when these two techs are combined the elements of eLearning are utilized to the best with Artificial Intelligence in action. eLearning from an Artificial Intelligence tutor means that students are free to explore topics in depth, and test their knowledge in complex scenarios rather than simple right-or-wrong answers.
Artificial Intelligence has unimaginable potential and it has quietly crept into many facets of our lives. Within the next couple of years, AI will revolutionize every area of our life, including e-learning.
With both the technologies together, new forms of intelligent e-learning platform can be created that allow the computer to act as an intelligent learner/ tutor. Such Artificial Intelligence based intelligent system can provide a personalized tutorial to the student based on his/her knowledge, experience, strengths, and weaknesses.
Following are few points that highlight how artificial intelligence will impact eLearning.
1. This concept involves e-learning systems which use artificial intelligence methods and are equipped with intelligent two-way communication between the e-learning system and the user. This system contains intelligent methods for analysis, evaluation and assessment of the user’s knowledge and skills as well as e-learning process control, supervision and optimization. The communication system by input a natural language between the intelligent e-learning system and its users consists of intelligent mechanisms user identification, word and sentence recognition, sentence meaning analysis, and user reaction assessment. The intelligent e-learning system can be developed for personal computers as well as various mobile technology devices.
2. Communication plays an important role and with Artificial Intelligence on your eLearning system it would be great for all the learners to prepare for the various competencies. Messaging is essential for students and they convey most of their queries and other information via texting. Students with doubts or queries can upload their questions on the eLearning service and here the Artificial Intelligence system plays its role by reading the queries and answering in real time. Similarly, if students wish to prepare on a particular topic they can leverage the power of Artificial Intelligence to get all the related resources ready. The AI system can also impart reasoning and advising or provide explanation and advice to students. The messaging interface is an effective way to help students get more out of the e-learning course provider.
3. The barriers to language understanding is one thing that can be taken care with the combination. AI systems can understand multiple languages and pick different languages easily. For students it is possible to interact with the AI system as this system understands the natural language they speak. Intelligent systems are capable of hearing and comprehending the language in terms of sentences and their meanings while a student talks to it. It can handle different accents, different languages, noise in the background, change in human’s noise, etc.
4. Gamification plays an important role in education today. Students tend to enjoy gamified learning and it acts as a driving force for students to keep going. However, In order to properly and effectively add gamification to your courses, the game elements need to be thoroughly thought out and well designed.
Artificial Intelligence plays a crucial role in designing strategic games for e-learning content. It is very important to set up a relevant content in gaming simulation for higher retention and course completion. Students will be more motivated and interested in learning in a gaming scenario.
5. The advantages of intelligent e-learning system include the following:
– More robustness against user’s errors and more efficient realization, control, supervision and optimization of the e-learning process with the chosen level of supervision automation.
– Improvement of the co-operation between a user and an e-learning system in respect to the richness of communication.
– Achievement of a higher level of organization of a distance learning process.
– E-learning decision and optimization systems can be remote elements with regard to an e-learning system.
Artificial Intelligence is evolving day by day and holds potential to cause great impact. Having it integrated in the elearning systems can bring a new league of education systems that shows intelligent behaviors , a system to improve its behavior on the basis of the experience through the process of repetitive tasks and also have a notion of what is wrong and you can avoid it, in itself is very interesting.
What is your take on the improving technology with AI?
Can it be the next big thing?